AIOU is the abbreviation of allama iqbal open university established in 1974, is one of Pakistan’s most prestigious educational institutes. AIOU teaches all classes and courses from Metric level to PhD. As declares its name, it is an “OPEN” university means there is no merit and everyone is welcome to acquire education. It also holds the title of being Asia’s first and World’s second Open University. No matter what your age, gender, cast, color or grades; AIOU will give you admission, provide you quality education and grant you an HEC recognized degree accepted all around the world. Allama Iqbal Open University has the most international students registered in Pakistan.
In this article, you will every detail and information you want to know about Allama Iqbal Open University, including latest admission, results, course programs and admission procedure. Everything you need to know is mentioned below in this article.
AIOU has the largest educational network which comprises over 1400 study centers and 44 regional centers that you can easily find in your hometown or city; in addition, it also has affiliations with renowned international institutes. Here is a Map of All AIOU Regional Centers where you can find one in your city.
As it is an open university and anyone can get admission here, its number of students is also the largest in Pakistan which rounds up to 13 Lac male and female students. To educate these knowledge seekers, there are over 90,000 qualified teachers and tutors. AIOU is the most generous educational institute of the world as it not only provides the up to date facilities like Media Research Centers but with it also offers Online Courses, academic help with the medium of television and radio and also financial grants and scholarships for the students who can’t afford education of today.
AIOU Goals and Achievements
The main goal of AIOU is to provide education to that every single student who for any reason was, is or will be unable to acquire education. They are doing exactly as their motto says:
“Education for All”
They spreading education to every single area and person who bound by some limitations and don’t have the ability to get quality education. Since 1974, AIOU has burnt the mid night oil and has succeeded so far in achieving its promises. Because of AIOU, many opportunities and doors have opened to all those who did not have access to education before and now they are not only taking advantages of quality education but with that they are also going further towards illuminating theirs and their country’s future. It has done ground-breaking work in the field of Mass Education.
There are 1172 Study Centers established in all over Pakistan by AIOU. It is also regarded with the honor being the largest publishing house in Pakistan that prints more than 18 hundred thousand books every year. It has done astonishing revolutionary work in the fields of technical, professional and scientific education. It is now working more hard than ever to preach education even to the farthest and outmost areas of Pakistan. AIOU have achieved countless accomplishments, I would say more than any other educational institute in Pakistan, and all that on its own resources without causing burden to the government of Pakistan.
“Education Is The Most Powerful Weapon We Can Use To Change the World.” Nelson Mandela
Their distance learning programs have created new doors for millions of students all over the Pakistan. Their purpose of education chiefly involves educating those who are incapable due to poverty and inefficient rights. Pakistan is currently ranked 50th out of a total 50 countries in providing quality higher education. Their goal is to change this as much as they can. Illiteracy in Pakistan is very high and evens the qualified degree holders are just nothing more than illiterates with degree. Their direct targets are those, who can’t get education for some reason like:
- Do not have Adequate Financial Resources.
- Have no Educational Institute or any other medium in their area.
- Had to start work to support family.
- Men and women who got married and couldn’t pursue their education.
- Whose family is too conservative.
- Girls who are not allowed to leave house and are house bounded.
Their distance learning has definitely helped a great number of knowledge seekers especially females. Pakistan is still a little too strict when it comes to the rights of women. But AIOU is changing it and this is probably why that majority of students of AIOU are females.
Allama Iqbal Open University describes main objectives of the institute as:
- To provide educational facilities to people who cannot leave their homes and jobs in such manner as it may determine.
- To provide such facilities to the masses for their educational uplift as it may determine.
- To provide facilities for the training of teachers in such manner as it may determine.
- To provide for instruction in such branches of learning technology or vocations as it may deem fit, and to make provision for research and for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge in such manner as it may determine.
- To hold examinations and to award and confer degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions.
AIOU Education System and AIOU assignments marks
- Allama Iqbal Open University just like any other university has a proper system and syllabus taught to students. It only has regular programs but with it also offers a wide range of Distance Learning Programs.
- All basic and additional academic material for education is provided by the university.
- It has facility of Live Telecast at FM Radio and Television. On top of that Video is also offered on demand.
- They provide online teaching by Video or Tele Conferencing.
- If one doesn’t have Internet or other live media available, he or she can also acquire Audio or Video CDs of lectures.
- Often Tutorials meetings are organized for the better guidance of students by the allama iqbal open university tutors.
- All kinds of equipped labs with all necessities are made available for the better training and skill of students.
- All course assignments are sent to students for their continuous assessment. aiou tutors are responsible for admission and other issues.
- Internships in different industries and institutes are arranged for students and for better development and education many practical training workshops are organized.
- Final exams are conducted at the end of every semester of every course.
- In distance based education system there are some aiou assignment marks which student obtain when he submit his assignments to the teachers appointed by the university. These are very necessary marks and student have to get passing marks in assignments.
AIOU Last Date to Apply and AIOU Admission Form
Allama Iqbal Open University opens admission twice a year. One is called Autumn Intakes which closed admission on5 September, 2016.Exact opening and closing dates of admission are given in the advertisement in each semester.
Currently what you should be hurrying for are Spring Admissions which will close on 6 March, 2017.See the following instructions on how to apply for admission at AIOU. You can apply for any program listed below offered by the Allama Iqbal Open University.
AIOU Admission 2017
After almost every 6 months Allama Iqbal Open University publishes an advertisement for admission. In the advertisement complete details are provided including the deadline date of submitting admission form. This year too, Spring Admissions are open whose last date to apply for admission, as mentioned above, is 6 March, 2017.Complete Information about how, when and where to apply are given in detail in this article.
For more details of each program and course, see following advertisement:
How to Apply at AIOU for Admission 2017
There are two ways to apply online.
- First is to apply online. Here is online Admission Form. Fill the form and provide all necessary information required and submit the form.
- Other way is to get an admission form, fill it and submit it with the fees at mentioned banks.
- You can buy an admission form and Prospectus from main campus of AIOU Islamabad, from campus in your area or from sale points.
- Or you can DOWNLOAD AIOU ADMISSION FORM 2017
- You will have to submit the form with specified fees at any branch of MCB, Bank Alfalah, First Women Bank or NBP.
AIOU admission 2017 and Prospectus Prices
- PKR 50/- : Metric, Intermediate, BA, B.Com, Open Tech Courses, Dars-e-Nizami, Short Term Education Programs, Certificate Courses.
- PKR 100/- :Teacher Training Course
- PKR 300/- : Ed.
- PKR 500/- : Postgraduate Programs
AIOU Offered Scholarships 2017
Allama Iqbal Open University also offers many scholarship schemes for the eligible students who cannot afford their educational expenses. Prisoners and blind students are provided full education free of cost and other special students are also granted discounts of their fees. Following are some scholarships you can apply for. For further information about scholarships you may consult AIOU study center in your area or go their official website.
- Financial Assistance Scheme
- Earn to Learn Scheme
- Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Outreach Scholarship Scheme
- Final year Project Grant
- Scholarships for Communities
- Scholarship Women
- Fee Installment Scheme
- Alumni/Sponsored Scholarship
Get Commonwealth Scholarship
AIOU Result 2017
Results of all programs at AIOU are announced at its official website. You can go to “Result” Page of Allama Iqbal Open University’s Website to see latest result. For all the latest result of Metric, Inter, AIOU BA result and Postgraduate programs just visit the link and see your result sheet.
Latest Results of BA Programs 2016 are out and now can be seen on their website. Just enter your program and then Roll Number to see your results. Here click the link to see Result of BA Program 2016.
All offered Programs 2017 and aiou fee structure
Following is the list of all Programs and Courses Offered by Allama Iqbal Open University. Find your programs and click it to see its introduction, admission requirement, selection process, duration, medium of instruction, teaching methodology, credit hours, courses and all collaborations.
AIOU Ph.D. Programs:
- D. Iqbal Studies
- D (Science Education)
- D. Education in Distance and Non-formal Education (DNFE)
- D(Computer Science)
- D. Statistics
- D. Chemistry
- D. Urdu
- D (BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION)
- D. Physics
- D. in Agricultural Extension
- D. Mass Communication
- D. Educational Planning & Management (EPM)
- D. Teacher Education
- D. Special Education (M.Phil based)
- D Islamic Studies (Quran & Tafseer)
- D. Shariah
AIOU M.Phil/MS Programs:
- Phil (Science Education)
- Phil Arabic
- Phil Chemistry
- Phil Economics
- Phil Education in Distance and Non-formal Education (DNFE)
- Phil Educational Planning & Management (EPM)
- Phil History
- Phil Iqbal Studies
- Phil in Pakistani Languages and Literature
- Phil Islamic Studies (General)
- Phil Pakistan Studies
- phil Islamic Studies (Quran & Tafseer)
- Phil Mass Communication
- Phil Math
- Phil Statistics
- Phil Physics
- Phil Teacher Education
- PHIL(EDUCATION) . ETE
- Phil Urdu
- S. Community Health & Nutrition
- S. Management Sciences
- S. Computer Science
- MS Environmental Design (Old Scheme For Continuing Students)
- D in Pakistani Languages and Literature (M.Phil BASED)
- MS Environmental Design (Revised Scheme For Fresh Admissions)
AIOU Master’s Program:
- A Arabic
- A Education (DNFE)
- A Education (Teacher Education)
- A History
- A Islamic Studies
- A Special Education
- A Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- A Urdu
- Ed in Elementary Teacher Education (ETE)
- Ed. In Distance & Non-Formal Education (DNFE)
- Ed. In Science Education
- Ed. In Special Education
- Ed. In Teacher Education
- Sc Enviromental Sciences
- Sc SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN
- Sc. (Hons) Rural Development
- Sc. Agricultural Extension
- Sc. Botany
- Sc. Chemistry
- Sc. Economics
- Sc. Forestry Extension
- Sc. Gender & Women Studies
- Sc. Mass Communication
- Sc. Mathematics
- Sc. Microbiology
- Sc. Pakistan Studies
- Sc. Physics
- Sc. Sociology
- Sc. Statistics
- Sc.(Hons) Live Stock
- MA Education Educational Planning & Management (EPM)
- Master in Library and Information Sciences (MLIS)
- Master in Commerce (M.Com)
- MBA 2-1/2 Banking and Finance (B&F)
- MBA 2-1/2- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- MBA 2-1/2 Information Technology (IT)
- MBA 2-1/2 Marketing
- MBA 3-1/2 Banking and Finance (B&F)
- MBA 3-1/2- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- MBA 3-1/2 Information Technology (IT)
- MBA 3-1/2 Marketing
- MBA 3-1/2 Rural Management
- MBA Executive (Col. MBA/MPA)
- MSc Television Production Program
- PGD in EPM
- PGD Mass Comm
- Post Graduate Diploma in Gender & Women Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
AIOU B.Ed. Programs:
- Ed (1-1/2-Years)
- Ed (2-1/2-Years)
- Ed Elementary Teacher Education (4-Years)
- Ed Secondary Teacher Education (4-Years)
AIOU Bachelor Programs:
- Associate Degree in Commerce (A.D)
- Associate Degree in Education – In-Service (1-Year)
- Associate Degree in Education (2-Years)
- Associate Degree in Education (3-Years)
- Associate Degree in Education (A.D)
- B.S (Chemistry)
- B.S (Environmental Sciences)
- B.S (Micro Biology) 4 Years
- B.S IN PHYSICS (4 YEARS)
- B.S IN STAT. (4 YEARS)
- B.S MATH.(4 YEARS)
- Bachelor in Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (General Group)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Dars-e-Nizami
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science)
- Certificate in Librarianship
AIOU Intermediate :
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (Dars-E-Nazami Group)
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (General Group)
- Intermediate in Commerce (I.Com)
AIOU Secondary School Certificate:
- Secondary School Certificate (Darse-E-Nazami Group)
- Secondary School Certificate (General Group)
AIOU Post Graduate Diploma:
- PG DIPLOMA HRM
- PGD DIP.IN(CRIMINOLOGY)
- PGD DIP.IN(POPULATION AND DEV:)
- PGD IN DIETETICS (FOR DIETITIANS)
- PGD IN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN (For Dropout/Continuing Students)
- PGD in EPM
- PGD IN NUTRITION (FOR PHYSICIANS)
- PGD IN.(EARLY CHILD EDU.)
- PGD Mass Comm
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science (PGD(CS))
- Post Graduate Diploma in Gender & Women Studies
AIOU STEP Certificate Courses:
- Agricultural Courses
- Al Lisan Ur Arabi
- Arabic Teacher Training Course (ATTC)
- Arbi Bol Chal
- French Online
- Lughatul Quran
- STEP (Agricultural Sciences)
- STEP (Community Education)
- STEP (Hotel Services)
- STEP (Management Science)
- STEP (Social Science)
- Technical Courses
- Med (One Year) Specialization: Secondary Teacher Education, Elementary Teacher
- Education, Distance and Non Formal Education, Special Education, Science Education
- BEd (1 – ½ Years), Eligibility: MA/MSc or BA Hons (4 Years) (Second Division)
- BEd (2 – ½ Years), Eligibility: BA/BSc or Equivalent (Second Division)
- BEd Elementary/Secondary (4 Years), Eligibility: Intermediate (Second Division)
This was all about aiou and its admissions in 2017.
- Но тут… тут слишком. Мне нужны только деньги на такси. - Он прикинул в уме, сколько в этой пачке в пересчете на доллары.